1.It took me until last night to finish my Christmas knitting.
The Professor only received one sock in his Christmas gift. But I also bought him a hand-thrown stoneware mug, so he couldn’t complain too much. Obviously it was worth the wait.
2. I hate my computer. I mean I really hate it. (I am typing quickly in case it overhears.) It took me twenty minutes to get it to behave properly enough to post on the blog. It took so long to start up I painted three skeins of yarn! (Same colorway, but still! Three skeins!) Then when it did start up, I sat another ten minutes before it actually did anything. I am about five seconds away from smashing it with a hammer and chucking it in a bin. The only reason I don’t is that it’s more difficult to run an online business with no computer than it is with just a shitty one. I am thinking of running a “buy Marla a new computer so she writes more and posts more product on Etsy without murdering things” fund. I’ll have a ticker and everything.
3. My dad gave me a really lovely, simple Christmas gift.
He cleaned up and restrung the guitar I bought when I was in high school (obviously he didn’t clean up the amp). I haven’t played in ten years and have been missing the ability to learn a new song every now and again. Of course, it’s been so long that I feel like I have forgotten everything I learned about the guitar between the ages of 12 and 17, but I’ll figure it out.
4. The white Cormo is still on my wheel.
The first skein turned out to be a heavy 3-ply fingering weight yarn. I think it’s gorgeous how it is, and I can’t decide what to do with it. Sell it? Dye it? Both? Knit it into something fantastic first? Keep it? Maybe I will auction the whole lot off to the highest bidder and use the money to buy a new computer.
5. I want to frog because it sounds like fun.
I am thinking about frogging this sweater in particular. I am still in love with the idea of white squishy cabled sweater–but I am just not feeling the knitting right now. And I want a red sweater. I can’t think of an easier way to get a red sweater on my current yarn budget (which is $0), than to dye some white yarn I already have. So, I might attempt this sweater again in the future, but I am just not in a cable place right now. I want lace and stockinette and that’s about it. I plan on ripping it and dyeing the lot tonight. After a stressful couple of weeks, all the ripping is going to be damn satisfying.
6. I am completely in love in with Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark‘s sweater designs. The sweater I am thinking of making instead is her craftsy class. And if I could get my hands on enough sport weight yarn I would have the Sazerac on the needles right this minute. Strangely enough, that’s the one weight I don’t sell…might have to change that.
7. There are only four days left to sign up for RAWR!. I have two spots left as of this posting, and then there isn’t another chance to get exclusive yarn from me on your doorstep again until April. And waiting that long would just be sad.
8. I have a desire to design elbow-length, sock-weight gloves / mittens. Possibly with some lacy embellishment. Just for kicks.
9. My birthday is coming up. And for the first time in forever, I have something I want to do to celebrate it. Every year, I want to go to a play, but because my birthday is ten days after Christmas, there are no plays to go to. This year though, Les Miserables is a movie, and I am going to see it, because it might be the closest I ever get.